USGS in Your State
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Connect with USGS
Water Quality in North Dakota
North Dakota Water-Quality Data
- Real-Time Water Quality Data
- Water temperature, specific conductance, dissolved oxygen, pH, turbidity
- Continuous Water-Quality Estimation, Red River at Fargo/Moorhead
- Alkalinity, dissolved solids, sulfate, chloride, total nitrogen, total phosphorus, and suspended sediment concentrations and loads estimated every four hours
- Continuous Water-Quality Estimation, Sheyenne River
- Hardness, dissolved solids, calcium, magnesium, sodium, and sulfate concentrations and loads estimated every four hours.
- Statewide Historic Water-Quality Data
- Field/lab samples, real-time data, and tutorial
- Tips for retrieving water-quality data
- Graphical User Interface for Devils Lake Basin Historic Water-Quality Data
- Interactive time-series plots and box plots
National Water-Quality Data
|National Water-Quality Assessment
||National Stream Quality Accounting
||Sediment Data Network
|The NAWQA data warehouse includes chemical concentrations in water, bed sediment, and aquatic organism tissues.
||The NASQAN program provides ongoing characterization of the concentrations and flux of sediment and chemicals in the Nation's largest rivers.
||More than 2.6-million values of instantaneous sediment and ancillary data were retrieved for more than 15,000 sites in 2000 and summarized in an online report. Access is also provided to daily sediment data collected by USGS throughout the Nation from 1930 to 1994.